Which word can go before KEY, STROKE or SWITCH?

MASTER
LIGHT
BACK
SKELETON

UPDATE: Can you topple the Giant?

Sep
2009

By Dr. Play

Hello again!  We've started on our 'spring cleaning' here at YouPlay and have noticed that 2 out of 3 people could use a little more help when completing the Giant Crossword..

To this end, we've made a change to the Giant Crossword to allow unlimited hints, to help those that want more hints to get the puzzle done.  Note though, that by asking for a hint, you'll forfeit the score of the revealed word!

So now it's time, YouPlayers: take on the Giant and tell us what you think: do you agree with allowing unlimited hints?  Should we allow more (or less) hints for even more of our games?

EDIT: We've just changed the clue box positioning:  tell us what's on your mind, we want to hear from you: post a comment here!

Happy puzzling!

Dr. Play.

UPDATE: Can you topple the Giant?

Tinkers said:
January 08, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I have just completed my first Giant Crossword.The new layout is great. I like the position of the cluebox & the fact that you can drag it down. As for the unlimited hints, I think they are a fantastic idea for those who need them, (especially for learners). For those of you who don't like hints....Don't use them.

Tinkers said:
January 08, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I have just read all the earlier comments only to find out that the new layout is not so new after all.Oh well, better late than never.

January 08, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I totally agree with demblues. As I'm not a big crossword fan (I always seem to get stuck midway which is very fustrating), having unlimited clues is a big help for puzzlers like me. I look forward to giving the 'Giant' a go!

Pattom93 said:
January 08, 2011 at 2:15 PM

More hints, please.

relle said:
January 09, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I agree with Winnjazza, I'm not a happy girl if I can't work it out so having the unlimited clues will be a bonus!

tuipatch said:
January 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Have just finished doing giant crossword it is now a pleasure to do thank you

dj1 said:
January 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I prefer the cryptic, but I do the Giant from time to time. Relle is right, not getting the answer is very frustrating, so I use the clue button quite often.

deeneecee said:
January 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I completed the Giant today, using a few hints. I think this format is great. It's a big puzzle so more hints won't hurt. If you don't need them, don't use them.

prickles said:
January 11, 2011 at 2:11 PM

As pervious comments mentioned, one letter clues would be great. Love heaps of clues, and as also mentioned before, if you don't want them, don't use them, but they will help those who want them, adn sometimes they are needed

larry1944 said:
July 26, 2014 at 1:31 AM

the hint should allow a one letter hint. To lose the entire score for the entire word terrible especially if it is a high scoring word. Perhaps a one letter hint and then another if needed.