'Hasta la vista, baby': WHICH film?

"Goldfinger"
"Back To The Future"
"Terminator 2: Judgment Day"
"Predator"

Trivia Combat: Pre-release notes

Oct
2009

By Dr. Play

Hi everyone!

We thought it would be a good idea to publish a list of the gremlins that we're currently planning to chase out of Trivia Combat. Check this post regularly as I'll continue to update on development progress over the coming week:

Gremlins currently under investigation:

• One YouPlay 'bot sometimes answers all questions incorrectly
  • In-game mute function will not always work
  • Chat sometimes logs in & out
  • Errors in the appearance of the Welcome screen
  • Joining rooms may not work in Google Chrome browser
  • Instability using Apple Safari browser under Microsoft Windows

In addition to solving these issues, we'll also be adding some new Trivia Combat game functionality, so feel free to post your thoughts or requests here.

Dr. Play

Trivia Combat: Pre-release notes

October 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I tried the 'create a game' feature playingd against 'bots'. The time to answer seemed shorter than in 'instant play'. I didn't have enough time to read one question, far less answer it. The questions wasn't one of the longer ones either. Is the time allowed shorter because the categories are self-selected?

milleora said:
October 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Hi, Dr P....thanks for this game..am really enjoying it. However there seems to be a problem in the Join a Game section. CalypsoBelle is listed as waiting or playing 3 separate games and I think another player is listed once. Neither players are currently online. Also, had an odd occurence while playing...had 4 players, then one disappeared and then the questions were repeated, and then another player joined the game, and the questions restarted (and repeated) again! Most disconcerting! lol....Thanks again, Dr P.

October 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I turned up as a blank to other players when I went through Join a game option. It seems to happen when players join as replacements for bots in the last miliseconds. The blank playername etc appear in the final scoreboard. In game the player is a movable gap.

Georgia71 said:
November 02, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I think it's great, keep up the great ideas!

November 02, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Can we have a bit of a pause/countdown before the first question? Invariably my pointer is never in the right spot :-(

November 02, 2009 at 5:45 PM

For some unknown reason my avatar has not changed for the final scoreboards in a game...leader boards are fine. Just add that to the people who leave at the log in stage who are really there and the double log ins we discussed earlier. PS Happy to keep you in work....lol

statler said:
November 02, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Enjoy playing this but as a Kiwi I find there are too many questions needing knowledge of things Australian such as sport, TV, politics and geography.

MIZONE said:
November 03, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I really enjoy trivia combat, but how come it doesn't register as a tie if you get the same points, same accuracy percentage and same average time for answering questions?

angelcat said:
November 04, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi Dr Play - the 5 sec countdown works much better, but is it possible for everyone to see it at the same time? - at the moment only the person who has pressed 'Start' can. Thanks.

Staff

Dr. Play said:
November 04, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi everyone and thanks for your comments, it's been a busy time in the YouPlay laboratory this week! To angelcat and MIZONE, the features you've mentioned are indeed relevant and will be added in a future update. Keep those ideas coming!

goforit said:
November 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM

although i love the game there are a lot of spelling errors

November 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Who is the room creator on instant play? I assume the top name on the list. The label on the waiting page is squashed up now on my view.....use a combination...etc

craigybel said:
November 26, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Enjoying this game. There used to be a 'ding' when another player joined the game while waiting. That was useful as sometimes, while waiting, I would minimise the window & do other things until I heard the 'ding' of someone else joining the game. not a biggie though :)

Staff

Dr. Play said:
November 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Yes, stitchpuzz, the room owner is indeed the first one in the room - the person who 'creates' the room. The introductory text will soon be modified so that it shows the quiz categories chosen, so stay tuned. And the 'ding' has returned, craigybel, hope that helps. Happy puzzling!

angel569 said:
December 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM

what is the game???

December 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Trivia combat is the name angel

magpiej said: