Corn dextrin, a common thickener used in junk food, is also used as WHAT?

Nail polish remover
An ingredient in a Singapore Sling
Motorbike hydraulic oil
The glue on postage stamps

New Games!

Feb
2009

By Jessie

This week we introduce some new Action Games including true blue hidden object fun and a dreamy magical mystery!

NEW GAME: Big City Adventure

The popular Hidden Object series Big City Adventure is going down under! Join the Big City Adventure family, and a few Australian friends, on their search through the sights of Sydney for thousands of items that have been masterfully hidden in gorgeously detailed scenes. Featuring two game modes, quirky animations, and surprises galore...
NEW GAME: Dream Chronicles
Imagine waking to find your husband missing and your daughter and the entire town under a sleeping spell. Your surroundings seem strangely surreal and otherworldly and there seem to be clues left by your husband, scattered throughout town like breadcrumbs. Find all the clues and you might discover what happened to your family and friends, as well as your husband's mysterious past. However, if the clues are not all found, this strange new world may remain as it is. Then again, what if it is all just a dream?
Jessie x

New Games!

golly6 said:
February 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM

why can't we have more crosswords, wordsearch etc for those of us that don't play the downloaded games.

February 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM

You're in luck! We've got lots of exciting new YouPlay-developed games (read: free web games) in the pipeline - stay tuned for more details coming soon!

kamra said:
February 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM

If you keep insisting on Pop Cap action games, when are you going to offer Apple Mac friendly ones?

kamra said:
February 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM

When are you going to offer Apple Mac friendly action games?

February 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Hi kamra, as a fellow Mac user I feel your pain! Unfortunately YouPlay can only offer certain PopCap titles as PC compatible - because that's the only version that exists. I have been assured though, that PopCap are looking at expanding their Mac friendly range and new games should be available soon. Keep an eye on the latest News; I'll post updates as they come in.

kazjoe said:
February 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM

im new t all this but so far i think its great love quiz and crossword

willyum said:
November 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Hi all players! Great to hear new games are on offer. I would like to see scoring on some of the extant games sorted out first as, no doubt, other players would too. I have just played a couple of code crackers and some Dude scored over 65000 points! Ya gotta be kidding! I reckon I could do a better job on my old"commodore" using some arrays and Hoares' Algorithm! Unfortunately I don't think it would have the capacity and my programming skills are a bit rusty. I await some comments from our more seasoned members. I am only about 3 months old! Willyum

apollanen said:
November 23, 2010 at 7:27 AM

willyum, try saving your games and then playing them. At least I haven't been able to score millions like some other Dudes.

deeneecee said:
November 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I too would love to see more Puzzles, but please, as Willyum says, fix the scoring first. Popcap games can be found everywhere but getting good Puzzles like Crosswords are not so plentiful.

willyum said:
November 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Hi,apollanen! Thanks for the tip but 1) I wouldn't know how to do it 2) I like to play on-line. I get plenty of Lovatt's books to do puzzles while away from my Jeezus Box! I've only had the thing for a few months. P.S. What on earth are you doing on a computer at 7.27 a.m.? Can't you sleep? LOL A big thank you to deeneecee too for the moral support.I like a little bit of a challenge which you don't get doing puzzles in magazines but it is a little bit of a let-down when you can't seem to get over a certain score even with 100% accuracy and better time than somebody else. I'm too old to be spitting dummies(I've run out anyway!) but it is very confusing. How does this multiplier thing work? Anybody know? I've just logged on to play a few games.I wonder what awaits! Cheers all, Willyum

Tilly2 said:
November 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Hi Willyum, I'm with you on this one, and I don't understand how some complete the trivia or crosswords etc, in a matter of seconds! Takes me more than that to read the questions..or maybe I'm just a tad slow! I joined in May or June this year and have given up trying to compete with the so called scores and times. I have found one trick though, as I live in WA, (3hrs time difference) if I play around 9pm here, I can be everyone of the top five, as everyone else is in bed! (Except maybe Apollanen, of course)....

apollanen said:
November 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Gosh Willyum 7.27am early, I'm usually up around 5.30 and usually get the brain into gear with a few games before the housework kicks in and the dogs wake up properly. Can't help you with this multiplier thing though. Just for the record, my typing speed is about 95wpm so this probably helps me with speed and accuracy. Good luck with your puzzling as that's what it's really all about isn't it.

November 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I'm happy to share the method I use for doing Cryptics, as I often get a high score. You leave out one of the letters which joins with another word, each time. When you're finished, put all the missing letters in. This actually makes it difficult to be sure your answers are correct, as the words don't change colour until they're complete. It's not a quick way to do the puzzle, I take quite a while sometimes, so it's not a matter of fast typing. There was a time when YouPlay had a forum, and we shared our tips and tricks with each other. That's how I learned it, and it became a fun way to do the puzzle. If the high score bothers anyone, I'm sorry. Now you can do it too :-)

willyum said:
November 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Rite On Tilly2! Takes me a few mins.to gather my wits what's left of them.Good to see a bit of humour creeping in instead of my belly-aching,I'm sure Apollanen will see the funny side.So,Apollanen,your typing speed is 95 wpm.Commendable I'm sure but I don't see how that would be much advantage when we are talking in minutes.I did a touch-typing course about 14 years ago and managed 65 wpm with 98% accuracy. Through lack of use and practice I am now back to 95 words per hour with 100% accuracy. Just kidding but I only use one or two fingers and have to look at the board.I should open up WORD and type some nonsense to get some practice I suppose! Thanks for your advice too Beauregarde but it sounds rather involved if you can't touch-type.After all, it is about playing the game as Apollanen said. I still maintain that the system is a mystery. O.K.,here's another mystery.Why have dark squares appeared in Codecrackers? I find them very off-putting!!! Anybody agree with me or am I nit-picking? Don't tell me there are special glasses for filtering them out LOL!! Cheers all, Willyum

Tilly2 said:
November 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Errm, Willyum, I just checked Codecrackers, mine didn't have any dark squares. I do, however, have an appointment at Specsavers in a few weeks, you want me to order you the special filter glasses then? Ps: Apollanen, my comment was meant to be humourous, no disrespect intended. Ok..y'all play nice now...cya T2.

deeneecee said:
November 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I would love YP to open a thread where we can comment about any of the games/puzzles, as we are wrongly doing here. Surely YP can see there is a necessity for it, as we are taking advantage of these latest blogs to voice our opinions. I doubt if it will happen, but after losing the old forum, I maintain that we players need somewhere where we can discuss issues that arise.

willyum said:
November 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Sorry,Tilly2, I should have said Highlighted squares in the grid.The black lines intersect the words and are a bit confusing don't you think? Deeneecee I agree that there should be another way of exchanging views but what is a thread apart from those annoying bits of cotton that always seem to find their way out of Chinese made underpants? Excuse my ignorance but I am not 100% computer literate! Cheers, Willyum. P.S. T2 Nah, Don't want those specs. but some Rose-Coloured ones would be good LOL.X

deeneecee said:
November 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM

There are certainly other words I could have used Willyum, but as I am a member of a forum where we do discuss views about games etc. that was the one I chose. Sorry to confuse anyone. But in this case, it just means a place where we can make comments as we are doing here. A topic can have several threads leading in different directions. Scoring issues,for example would be one thread. Explanations such as this, would be another. If we had a place specifically for this purpose, we wouldn't have to discuss these things in a blog created for other things.

willyum said:
November 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM

O.K Deeneecee, Thanks.Too late to comment now, getting a bit tired.TTFN,Willyum

Tilly2 said:
November 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Willyum...No problems, your wish is my command..Rose-Coloured it is then... Cheers...T2 :-)

bejay said:
December 04, 2010 at 1:44 AM

new to the site & computers in general. have virus scans but how safe are the hidden object games as really love the challenge of those

December 04, 2010 at 10:37 AM

bejay I have been a member of YouPlay since early 2007 and have found YouPlay to be a safe site. Enjoy all the games with peace of mind.

bejay said:
December 04, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Thx CalypsoBelle. Guess when u start something new, u have reservations, especially when still trying 2 find way round computers, let alone an actual site. Will explore all on offer now. It really is a great site & have enjoyed what i've played so far. Also found everyone very kind & helpful 2 new players. Again..thanks.