Which star is the brightest, not including our Sun of course?

Vega
Canopus
Pollux
Sirius

A Christmas Tale

Dec
2010

By Jessie

It was while descending the Escalator to Christmas Retail Hell™ that it happened. Amidst the crush of harried shoppers desperately trying to snap up the last 50% off soap n' bath bubble baskets available in two delicious scents (car deoderiser or mozzie repellant) I threw down my bags and addressed the crowd.

As tinny panflute carols piped sadly over the PA system I implored the shopers to cut up their credit cards and come with me. And after tying the centre manager to the top of the oversized Christmas tree (every story needs a baddy) we all marched to the nearest internet cafe and relaxed with some REAL yuletide spirit on YouPlay...

OK I might have made that up [Really? No! - The Boss] but the sentiment's true isn't it? This time of year is truly crazy, and what should be a celebration of family, friends, peace and goodwill turns into a rampage of over-consumerism, ill-tempers, stress, road rage and lonliness.

So when it all gets too much, come and take a load off at YouPlay! Our two competitions have now finished (congratulations to all the winners) but you can still take part in all three events which will stay open until Boxing Day.

If like (ahem...) a friend of mine, you've just returned home after driving around an endless parking lot for 6 hours with a distraught child in the backseat and a partner whose helpful driving "tips" have left you with hot cheeks blazing brighter than Santa's, you need a stress-reliever - stat. Get the adrenaline pumping for all the right reasons with a hearty round or two of Christmas Trivia Combat .

You can also still search for 20 hidden items in the Holiday Hunt - an activity I find somehow meditative.

And for the bestest most excellent shot of Christmas spirit ever, I recommend you play the Seven Games of Christmas . Once completed, you can post a message of goodwill on the Community Wall of Wishes - and read the hundreds of messgaes from your friends here at YouPlay. I got goosebumps reading through them, and elevated by such an abundance of sincerity and friendship, all that cynicism and stress just melted away...

Merry Christmas to all from the teams here at YouPlay and Lovatts - stay safe, keep smiling and eat a mince pie or two for me!

Jessie x

A Christmas Tale

December 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I have looked all over the site (I think I got it all)but CANNOT find the "Community Wall of Wishes" even though I have contributed to it. Where oh where is it hiding, Jessie?

December 21, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Hi, Liesl - I was curious too, so I clicked on the Seven Games of Christmas link (highlighted and underlined in Jessie's blog on this page), and found the Seven Games. At the bottom of that page is a link to the Wall of Wishes. I hope you can find it :-)

annemhw said:
December 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Hi; its so easy to get stressed to the max this time of year and forget the true meaning of the season =birth, sharing ,caring May we all try to aim for better in coming year, God bless all

December 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi Liesl, click on "Players Lounge" and then on "Christmas Wall of Wishes". Have a great Christmas (and Hanukka - I saw your entry). A Swiss name (perhaps) with Jewish traditions? My wife is a Belgian Jew, and a wonderful woman as no doubt you are too. Cheers.

December 21, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Will the Holiday Hunt winners be published? I know I didn't do well at all, but it would be interesting to see a list of the lucky prize winners.

December 22, 2010 at 6:31 AM

I can't get past Sudoku.

December 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM

thank you all, found it. By the way kragzy, I was born in Vienna, Austria.

December 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Have a Happy Christmas everyone! May it be a time of blessings and wonderful memories to treasure. I look forward to versing you all in Trivia Combat next year and saying G'day!

relle said:
December 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Xmas lists for gifts & cards to be bought & given - when Christmas day comes there is still the same feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts & our homes. Wishing all my friends at YP a happy & safe Xmas & look forward to the fun & games with you all!

December 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Christmas is the joy of our family life. We have a huge, prolonged get-together and REALLY enjoy each others' company. I hope everyone else had a wonderful time too and I wish a fabulous NEW Year to you all.