Which actor, who stands at over 2m tall, portrayed George HW Bush in the 2008 film "W."?

James Garner
Tim Robbins
Tim Bottoms
James Cromwell

Christmas Comes to YouPlay!

Dec
2011

By Jessie

We're hanging the mistletoe and getting tipsy on rumballs… the holiday season has arrived at YouPlay!

This year we've got the best ever line up of events, and amazing prizes to be won. In fact, there'll be presents for everyone!

Get ready for a month of marvellous mayhem. Coming soon are the Seven Games of Christmas and the ever-popular Holiday Hunt (launching Tuesday 6th all you Hunt aficionados…)

We’ve got some great prizes in store, including Amazon gift cards, an iPad2, and the chance to see your avatar STAR in a special festive game!

So pop the bubbles and pass around the gingerbread – ho,hoho let's get on with the show!

Avatar Competition

Ever wanted to be a super star? Who hasn't! Personally I've always fancied being a celebrity chef. Or a toothy host flogging ab-blasters and chop-o-matics on the shopping channel. And I know for a fact Dr. Play has a deep, yet sadly unsatisfied desire to form a boy band.

If you crave the spotlight - have we got a competition for you!

Dress-up your avatar in a paparazzi-worthy holiday ensemble, enter your look into the competition, beg, plead and grovel for all your friends to vote for you via Facebook, and get ready for stardom!

The six avatars with the most votes at the end of the competition will STAR in a very special Christmas game, and also receive a YouPlay prize pack.

Read all the competition details here.

HOT TIPS: You must be signed into your YP account to enter and vote . Use our Facebook tool to post your look to your wall and rally your friends to vote for you . Don't forget to vote for your favourite looks  as well!

Jessie x

Christmas Comes to YouPlay!

December 03, 2011 at 3:39 AM

I can`t wait to start the holiday hunt I seem to go quite manic over that one. The new avatars are great too. Merry Xmas to everyone and may the best person win

nanny24 said:
December 03, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Bring on the Holiday Hunt..thoroughly enjoyed chasing each item last year and look forward to the same again this year. Merry Christmas to all at YouPlay and to all players.

maggaz said:
December 03, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Merry Xmas to all. Love looking at all the Xmas avatars. Looking forward to the Holiday Hunt, keeps a person well occupied.

December 03, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Wow! Christmas fun coming up! Bring on the Hunt - I love it. My avatar is seriously considering her "Christmas Look" at the moment. Merry Christmas to all at YouPlay and all players.

December 04, 2011 at 6:46 AM

I love Chistmas, everything about it. The Holiday Hunt is a favourite and I'm looking forward to all the new games. I have a problem though, I've sent through a support ticket but no answer yet. My avatar page will load with the wardrobe options etc but my avatar itelf won't load so I'm not dressed for Chrissy. Still just my plain old everyday self!!! HELP?????

December 04, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I have the same problem Deb :( It is a bit difficult to dress up when your avatar is too afraid to step into the changing room.....lol

relle said:
December 04, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Happy Christmas to everyone here on YouPlay! Since this month is going to be a busy one for us all I do hope we all get to stop & say "Hi" or give a smile to the many avatars we have enjoyed over the year playing together! May 2012 be a Youplay filled Happy New Year!

rockhen said:
December 04, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Was going to ask about Holiday hunt then I re read the blog, who's the idiot now D'oh, am loving the avatars but the holiday hunt is so addictive, I'm actually hoping to find all the objects this year, I've never managed to do that before. Meery xmas everyone

mommyscat said:
December 05, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I had the same problem with my avatar that Deb and Stitch had until I noticed the button at the top changing your avatar page that said submit avatar. I hope this helps you folks.

December 05, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Well, it's Monday 5th at 4.02 pm YouPlay time. When does the Christmas Hunt begin? Or have I missed the entry site? I can't wait to get started!

December 05, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Argh, HUGE apologies Holiday Hunt fans. Due to a spate of unexpectetd illness ravaging staff at YP HQ we've had to put back the Hunt launch date a day until Tuesday. See you tomorrow! [cough] - Jessie

December 05, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Jessie any hope of a repair on the avatar front. Mine is very sad after an experiment went even worse.

December 05, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Thanks jason..Avatar all fixed.

December 05, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Get well soon, Jessie and YouPlay staff! Take care of yourselves, and best wishes.

maggaz said:
December 05, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Do hope you are all OK soon. Will be busy tomorrow, hunting!!

Mo said:
December 06, 2011 at 12:54 AM

So where is it? Hunt the hunt

Mo said:
December 06, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Ah, I've read all the comments now - get well soon

December 06, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Yes, hope you are feeling better and happy holidays to all. I'm working from 3pm Xmas Eve through to 3pm Xmas Day and then work Boxing Day too so I'll be celebrating a bit later this year.

postie57 said:
December 06, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hope everyone at YP is feeling better. Can't wait to start the hunt. Merry Christmas to the staff and all players. May 2012 be healthy and happy for all.

geobeck said:
December 15, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Is anyone else still blocked from playing Game 2 in 7 Days of Christmas?

maggaz said:
December 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Yes geobeck, I have tried a few times but cannot play game 2.

Staff

Jason said:
December 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hi everyone, the new puzzles open each day at 3pm AEDST - best of luck to all!

maggaz said:
December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Just tried again and succeeded, thanks Jason

MumOf5 said:
December 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

and here I've been searching all day for santa and his sleigh (silhouette at the top of the game page) and just discovered I only needed to find the 30 items on the tree! Thanks for the email Jessie, cleared things up for me :) Merry Christmas to all the staff at YouPlay and thank you for another wonderful year of puzzling

December 22, 2011 at 3:55 PM

thanks jessie i enjoyed that hope averyone is feeling better merry christmas to all managment and staff at yp

December 29, 2011 at 9:04 AM

My prize pack arrived today. Chuffed to find a companion for my Chuzzle. The tote bag is going to come in very handy for keeping all my puzzle books in the same place. Thank you very much. Happy New Year to all staff and members, wishing everyone 366 chances to love, laugh, and live their best year yet.

December 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM

A Chuzzle! Oh I so want another one! I have 5 of them, left over from about 3 years ago, when there was a monthly competition for "...in 50 words or less..." items. What can I do, Jessie, to add to my Chuzzle family? I'm no good at Trivia or Sudoku, but there might be something I could try to win.