Which country was NOT at war in 1939?

Canada
Australia
Italy
South Africa

Colouring In-klings

Sep
2015

And so from names of colours to that activity for slow Friday afternoons in primary school - yes, taking out the coloured pencils and zoning out while colouring in.
I have to admit I was never highly skilled at this - some problems with staying between the lines and the occasional infelicitious choice of shades. But what I do remember is the total engagement with the process. It was always a soothing, relaxing occupation. No doubt that's why colouring-in was a diversion of choice selected by teachers who knew the limits of their class after a long week of concentration and learning.
The fascination with seeing the picture gradually come to life under the pencil and the absorbed atmosphere of the class made colouring-in a uniquely 'Zen' moment.
Later in life, of course, I was merely envious that I was 'too old' to enjoy the butcher's paper tablecloths and crayons that enterprising cafes and restaurants provided to calm their younger patrons.
This was an error. The colouring-in experience is too good to be left only to children. Adults, too, deserve to enjoy this exquisitely relaxing pastime.
The really good news is that Lovatts is bringing out our Inklings colouring-in book for adults. Take a moment to sink into a quieter, calmer world in which you choose the hues. Of course, we're Lovatts the puzzle experts, so we've added a puzzle element to the colouring-in. Enjoy!

Inklings will be on sale this month*, so look out for it or ask for it at your local newsagent and rediscover the fun, and calm, of making pictures...

Lovatts Inklings Cover

*On sale in New Zealand in November

Colouring In-klings

nan_j said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:26 PM

???

nan_j said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Goodnight, noonee sweet dreams.

nan_j said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Oh poo, I think I put the comma in the wrong place lol

zowie said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:32 PM

All day geez ... Please Jell come on tomorrow tell us of your travels... Anyone, we can try to talk around it... wont stop ..so

zowie said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Nite Noonee. said my piece no more unless provoked.

jafa said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:52 PM

More foul language and capital letters, wooo. You three really would do better on chat.

nan_j said:
November 02, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Oh dear sorry jafs I thought we were chatting about life in general. you told us us about rolling out the lawn, going to Rottnest, planting a garden, etc isn't that chat?

nan_j said:
November 02, 2015 at 10:03 PM

The blog is about Colouring In-klings and do you?

November 02, 2015 at 10:13 PM

JAFA as I said .go give your abuse to ray and your dogs and kids .AS IM NOT taking your *BADWORD* anymore.DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR. god sake you really need to go take your meds .

jafa said:
November 02, 2015 at 10:21 PM

My god, you are disgusting. That's why you don't belong here.

November 02, 2015 at 10:29 PM

takes two to tango .you abuse me ,I can play your game .

November 02, 2015 at 11:33 PM

you are here .so I can be to . any complaints take them to yp . you DONT own the blog ,as its public . as I said go abuse your own relies .leave us in peace .

fir said:
November 03, 2015 at 6:47 AM

G'mornin' OZ... Gee Peter, I am so sorry that things didn't work out with Pipsy. You gave it a good try and if it wasn't meant to be, it just wasn't meant to be. The 'right' pooch will come along. Muffy, so glad to hear that Willow is on the mend. :)) The baseball is now over with the Kansas City Royales winning the World Series 4 games to 1. They are a powerhouse team and never give up even when they are behind in the score. It was a well deserved win and the first one for them in 30yrs.

fir said:
November 03, 2015 at 6:52 AM

Hmmm...I wish, I wish....never mind.

jafa said:
November 03, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Good morning YouPlay :))... Another day, another chance of peace and good will. LOL I'm the eternal optimist. :P Phoenix, I have a bad feeling this experience with Pipsy will stop you from taking on another dog. It must have been so hard for you and Conny. But try to remember what pleasure Penny brought you :)) And lap dogs are often temperamental.

jafa said:
November 03, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I once read that Maltese have the highest rate of abandonment of all purebred dogs. Shih Tzu's though make excellent family pets as a rule. We had one once. A mighty little man. :))

jafa said:
November 03, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I have noticed lots of new shoots on my ancient rose bush. I'm getting confident she will be fine. :))) She's positioned in back where I can see her from my huge bay kitchen window. The 15 babies, that all appear to be growing, will form a mass planting as a feature in the front. :))) Who knew I would one day have a rose garden :)))

jafa said:
November 03, 2015 at 7:46 AM

I'm told we were lucky to have moved at the perfect time for roses. :P I reckon it's all my TLC. :)))

jafa said:
November 03, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Did I mention that we had millions of ├žats eyes (nasty prickles) down the back. Mostly the dogs know to stick to the path when down the back. Yesterday Pebbie was really edgy and heard a noise and she was tearing around the yard barking vigilantly. Hamish was keen to help but picked up a prickle in his front foot. But mere pain cannot deter MY little man from his duties. As Pebbie raced around barking, Hamish was with her, running and barking, all the while holding up his little front paw. Soo funny to watch :)))

November 03, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Good morning....Busy Tuesday and no time to talk. Zowie I'll try to answer your question properly later....

November 03, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Good morning all:)) 20c, sunny and possible shower today. Thanks ladies for your kind words re Pipsy, but to tell the truth it was like a weight being lifted off our shoulders when she left. Constantly having to be on the alert for her errant toilet habits and correcting her for barking inappropriately during our sleep periods was no fun really....:(( Anyway today is the first day of the rest of our lives so let's see if we can all co-exist harmoniously and with good-will.

November 03, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Busy Tuesday Pammy? hmmm...I bet you're cleaning the house before the cleaning lady arrives...LOL...:))

November 03, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Luigi, lots of celebrating in Kansas City no doubt and it sounds like you really enjoy watching baseball despite the Blue Jays dropping out of contention earlier. I read this was Kansas City's first championship for 30 years...:))

November 03, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Spot on, Pedro! I'm out here hiding in the book-room, back of garage really - did I say hiding? I meant mending Pete's jeans,'course I did!

November 03, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Destiny is up in the Snowy River area of Victoria with her other nanna visiting relatives and friends. We were sent, via mobile phone, some photos of her in her halloween costume...a sparkly red dress, some face cosmetics and two sparkly red horns on her head...lol...:)) She will probably be back home in the next day or two with wondrous tales of her holiday...lol...:)) I look forward to her return.:))

fir said:
November 03, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Sooo cute, Peter. Much like a sweet little devil, very apt for an outgoing 4 yr. old. LOL Hahaha Pammy, enjoy your hiding, er..reading, er...mending. :)) Another grey and gloomy day here. We are supposed to have sunshine tomorrow. I think we should declare a holiday if that happens. LOL

November 03, 2015 at 11:37 AM

A new blog topic...:)) let's leave this one ASAP...:))

fir said: