Change the last letter of WHICH word to make the: 'line of computers manufactured by Apple Inc'?

Mug
Met
Mad
Mob

Phub thumping

Jun
2016

I attract some, I'd have to say, adverse, comments occasionally from family members who object to my not answering the phone. The mobile device that is, as anyone over fifty is so conditioned into immediately answering a landline that major cognitive work would be required to overcome the training.
It can be explained by the mobile device in question being in a well-concealed, and apparently soundproof, compartment of my handbag which may or may not be in another room, the car or, indeed, another building. It could also be because I didn't remember to turn it off silent after leaving the cinema... which may have been yesterday. Or perhaps music is playing at a volume calculated to repel door-to-door salespeople (this works, especially if you refrain from changing the battery in the front-door bell) and neighbours (this works, but is not a good thing), and which is loud enough to drown any mobile-device emission.
Why aren't I carrying it? No pockets, or the wrong-sized pockets, and generally I'm doing things with the hands - cooking, cleaning, cross-stitch, reading (yes, both hands to hold an actual book and, come to think of it, both hands to balance the book-reading device, too. OK, one hand for the book and one for the coffee cup), or gardening. So, the device would have to be put down somewhere - in another room, in the car, down by the compost heap, on the topmost bookshelf, or even in the kitchen tidy (this last may not have happened yet, but it's only a matter of time).
The issue as to why texts remain unread will remain a mystery while I refuse to address it.
So while I may be said to be snubbing those who are trying to communicate with me, at least I can't be accused of phubbing them. For that you have to be in the company of an actual human being, but then spend your time looking at your mobile device of choice, to the exclusion of interaction with the breathing one.
The word and the whole concept of phubbing appeared first in the Macquarie Dictionary, for whom the word was created as part of a visionary ad campaign, but it has now made it to the OED and it is even claimed to have moved on from English into other languages.
Have you ever phubbed or been phubbed?

Phub thumping

June 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Better mix up the teams, jell - sporting types at each table..to each his own, eh, `scat?.... Mr. P and I will be watching the Election results - much yelling of Yay! and huh, and eating of chips, as the results come in...we started listening early in married life when we didn`t vote similarly (now, sometimes we do - and sometimes not..) Doesn`t make any difference, we still yell. Please don`t forget to turn up and vote on Saturday...I`m mortified to say that the first time we agreed on our vote, we forgot to go at all..

June 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM

hey pam went and voted .lots of people there .what a waste of money all that big table cloth of paper .

June 30, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Pam - we are having a bit of fun with the girls versus the boys at trivia. Some nights there will only be enough for one team anyway but we had 12 of us last night and you are only allowed 8 on a team so we had to split up.

June 30, 2016 at 8:20 PM

hey jell.

June 30, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Time for a smile?? :))... AUSSIE MEDICAL DICTIONARY :- Artery: The study of paintings.### Bacteria: Back door to cafeteria.### Barium: What you do when patients die.### Benign: What you be, after you be eight.### Caesarean Section: A neighbourhood in Rome.### Catscan: Searching for Kitty.### Cauterize: Made eye contact with her.### Colic: A sheep dog.### Coma: A punctuation mark.### Dilate: To live long.### Enema: Not a friend.### Fester: Quicker than someone else.### Fibula: A small lie.### Impotent: Distinguished, well known.### Labour Pain: Getting hurt at work.### Medical Staff: A Doctor's cane.### Morbid: A higher offer.### Nitrates: Cheaper than day rates.### Node: I knew it.### Outpatient: A person who has fainted.### Pelvis: Second cousin to Elvis.### Post Operative: A letter carrier.### Recovery Room: Place to do upholstery.### Rectum: Nearly killed him.### Secretion: Hiding something.### Seizure: Roman emperor.### Tablet: A small table.### Terminal Illness: Getting sick at the airport.### Tumour: One plus one more.### Urine: Opposite of you're out.

June 30, 2016 at 9:46 PM

haha pete .

June 30, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Funny ones, Pedro!

July 01, 2016 at 6:51 AM

Good morning folks. Woohoo - I managed to put my new teeth in this morning. I look like Dracula without them but it gave me and Harry a good laugh. Pete - I like your medical dictionary! My little doggy guest must have got cold in the night as she decided she would rather be in my bed than on it.

nan_j said:
July 01, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Very funny, Peter

keight said:
July 01, 2016 at 8:32 AM

Please keep me informed about the Australian election as they are all to preoccupied here with the Brexit to report on any foreign news.

keight said:
July 01, 2016 at 8:39 AM

I know I Could check it on line but my WiFi time on the tour is severely limited and would rather spend it listening to you guys

jafa said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:01 AM

Good morning YouPlay... I can feel the pride burning in your writing Jellyfish. What a shame you didn't have them fixed 50? years ago :). Our smiles are so important.

mommyscat said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Perhaps 50 years ago her teeth were ok jafa. You can't assume they needed fixing back then. You know what they say when you assume, surely you have heard the saying that you make an a$$ out of you and me. veri code BERUK break UK?

jafa said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:12 AM

I remember a very sullen girl at my high school. She NEVER smiled. She wasn't in any of my classes so our paths didn't cross much. One day I happened to spend some time with her for some reason. My nature is to entertain and eventually she couldn't help smiling and laughing. That poor girl's natural smile contorted her features into an 'weird grimace'. Quite shocking. It must have been so very hard for her.

mommyscat said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:12 AM

***HAPPY CANADA DAY*** for all my Canadian friends and family here in Australia and overseas!

jafa said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:18 AM

The opposite for me. I remember my mum telling me as a teen that I was really quite plain when I wasn't smiling. Thanks Mum :D But that my face lit up with a smile :P Well, that crushing honesty certainly made sure I spent most of my life smiling :P

jafa said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Yay!!! Canada Day! Yay!!! :))

jafa said:
July 01, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Though I have heard my serious pouty looks are quite fetching :P Mebbe my mama was messing with me?? Duh. She was a clever (sneaky) woman, for sure.

July 01, 2016 at 9:34 AM

My nickname at grammar school was 'bunnit' (short for bunny rabbit). I did have braces on and my teeth looked good but then I got gum disease and when I should have got my dental work attended to I had a very sick, and later dying, husband. He was more important to me than my teeth at the time. On the plus side, I've not had to worry about any fillings as I have always cleaned my teeth at least twice a day and I didn't have any cavities. (Smoking, although I gave up 15 years ago, and family history of gum disease were two mitigating factors).

July 01, 2016 at 9:49 AM

morning jell,good for you .hey kate scat nan .lovely day here .

nan_j said:
July 01, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hey Noonee, we have sunshine here it's been a very wet week.

July 01, 2016 at 11:23 AM

you got our rain nan . sun is out here .tho chilly with the wind .

July 01, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Polls running 50/50 preferred PM, Kate - they are predicting a big Other-Party & Independent vote. Yet polls can come a cropper - tomorrow will tell....I can see why Brexit has pushed all other news off, shock after shock... Sounds ad if the trip has been wonderful, so pleased for you. Have you needed many of your 'Medicine Chest' yet? Hope you bring it back intact!

zowie said:
July 01, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Hi all Yes Pam the outcome looks to be very interesting, also pleased your having a great time Kate. Jell with a nice smile is good. I have been crook as rookwood, tho the sun is out in my little world today lol. Fun w/end for Scat Canada day and TDF have a great time Scat with your pretty nails

nan_j said:
July 01, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Happy Canada day Fir and Scat and enjoy the tour de france Scat, I never guessed that one!

zowie said:
July 01, 2016 at 3:31 PM

LOL Scat, now that is celebrated daily by the one and only

zowie said:
July 01, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Happy Canada day Fir. I enjoyed a doco showing all about Canada and it`s wonders, happy proud people as well

nan_j said:
July 01, 2016 at 3:44 PM

... and now it's chocolate time cya :))